- Nashua North 3rd in Varsity B Race
- David Vorbach placed 2nd in 12:50! (2.5 miles at Van Cortlandt)
All Pics! Thanks Julie!
- Jackie Gaughan (Exeter) Wins in 16:48!!! US #1!!!
- Pinkerton (NH#2) Girls, Top NH team places 4th edging Coe-Brown (NH#3)by 16 points 123-139.
- Bishop Guertin (NH#4) places 6th with 153 points and Oyster River 7th (NH#7) with 170 points.
- South’s Cali Coffin (5th, 17:49), Coe-Brown’s Addison Cox (7th, 18:06), BG’s C. Towle (8th, 18:07), and Pinkerton’s Meghan Cross (9th, 18:08) all place in the top 10.
- Concord (NH#1) Boys Win!
- Coe-Brown (NH#4), Oyster River (NH#2), and Londonderry (NH#5) Boys place 5th, 6th, and 7th respectively and were separated by only 6 points!
- Top NH finisher was Concord’s Forest MacKenzie (2nd, 15:29). Hot on his heels were Coe-Brown’s Evan Tanguay (4th, 15:32) and Concord’s Eli Boesch Dining (5th, 15:34).
Plymouth Invitational – Friday, 10/13
CVC Championships – Friday, 10/13
Tri-County Middle School Championships
By Mike Smith
The South Meadow and Boynton Middle School teams competed this past Saturday in the Tri-County Middle School Cross Country championships at Nashua South under warm and sunny skies. In the first race of the day, the girls combined A race, Hopkinton’s Cailey Stockwell took the race out hard, leading from gun to tape, finishing in 13 minutes, 40 seconds. Next local runner across the line was Boynton’s Skye Lambert in 15 minutes, 30 seconds followed two spots and three seconds back by South Meadow’s Elise Robbins.
While the race is combined between Division 3 and Division 4 teams, the results are split out and South Meadow and Boynton compete in different divisions. Both Lambert (8th) and Robbins (6th) finished in the top ten individuals in their races. South Meadow finished 6th in Division 3, scoring 152 points where Boynton finished fourth in Division 4 with 77 points.
In the boy’s combined A race, Boynton’s Connor Traffie let some other runners take the race out fast and waited until the wooded canal path to assert his dominance, sliding to the front and running away with this one in 12 minutes, 14 seconds. Four places back was teammate Jace Movsessian. In the split out scoring, Traffie (1st) and Movsessian (2nd) were joined by Drew Traffie (5th) and Logan Lucas (8th) in the top ten. South Meadow’s Tyler Beard and Oliver Wilson ended up just out of the D3 top ten in 11th and 12th.
The Boynton boys won the D4 race, and would have won the whole thing if the division were combined, with 35 points. South Meadow finished fourth in the D3 race with 116 points.
Tri Countys also has “B” races for athletes not making the varsity squad, and in the girls race the Boynton “B” team cleaned house, putting all five of their squad in the top ten across all grades in both divisions. In the 5th and 6th grade combined, Gracie German was first, Amelia Smith was third, and Jordan Myrshall was fifth. In the 7th and 8th grade combined, Maya Callahan was first and Destiny Somero was second. In the boys 7th and 8th grade race Zack Boisse of Boynton was fourth.